1. Built in 1828, the Arcade is the nation’s oldest indoor shopping mall!
2. This icon of Providence, and lobby of the city’s financial district is listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976, and designated a National Historic Landmark.
3. The Greek columns on the outside of the building measure 45 feet tall!
4. On the Westminster Street side of the building the columns are topped by a triangular pediment, while on the Weybosset Street side has a simple block-and panel railing above a entablature.
5. There are 48 micro-lofts on the second and third level, some of which belong to the StyleWeek staff!
6. However, the prospective tenants list is about 4,000 people…
7. The mall was closed for three years to complete renovations designed by Northeast Collaborative Architects (NCA) .
8. There are 17 retail spaces on the first floor.
9. The Arcade is where StyleWeek/SEED office is located!
11. They are having an indoor block part launching the latest brew in the Lovecraft Series on February 27th at 5PM! RSVP HERE!
For more information about The Providence Arcade you can visit their website HERE.